The St. Mary's Church or Virgin Mary's Church is an Easten Orthodox cave church. The church was built by Serbian nobleman Kesar Novak, in 1369. The church has frescoes and Greek inscriptions dated to 1369. Frescoes exist of the family of Novak, with his Greek wife Kalia.
The church is located on the pittoresc Island of Maligrad in the Albanian part of the Lake of Prespa in the Albanian-Macedonian-Greek border region.
The project will focus on the preservation of the roof construction and the roofing of the church as well as on improving the accessibility of the site. Details of the project are still under preparation and will be published during April or May 2019.
The project will take place from September, 16th, till September, 30th, 2019.